Wednesday, April 3, 2013

3 Months Later...

My life has taken so many different turns in the last three months.
I'd like to say good ones.
I am on track for school and have a legitimate plan. I don't think I mentioned, but the program at my JC has a two year waiting list AFTER the general requirements are finished. I was super mad when no one said this earlier, even though I talked to a couple counselors and checked the online information about it. But there is a specialty school back home in the bay managed by Kaiser so hopefully I can transfer there next January.
Right now, I am looking for a new roommate. Marin and Owen got into UCSB and will be my house mates, but I can't afford a single. :C I wish it could be the three of us and Stella, but sadly I must find a fourth. The place we like is really, really nice and would be easiest to secure if we had the fourth person.
I might have mentioned at some point that Jake applied to UCSB. I have no clue why, and he just 'happened' to forget to mention it to anyone. He's so cute. But he's going to Santa Cruz. He turned in his apps late so most likely won't hear back until the end of April. I'm hoping we have a place secure by then. I'm really excited for Fanime at the end of May. I find myself in a better mood now because I have something to look forward to. My spring break just ended and I was a slobbery mess after Marin dropped me off.
Marin, Veronica and myself went to visit their friend Anne in LA. So I bummed a ride down back to SB. It was Easter Sunday when we headed home and that was really a killer for me. Easter is usually like Thanksgiving for my Mom's side of the family; an excuse to get the whole family together and have a glorious meal. I was back at my place in SB wit Stella and Alex was the only other person home (we aren't really on speaking terms anymore) so that wasn't a big help at all.
But back to Jake; I really, really, want him to get into Santa Cruz. He would be so happy and it would be fantastic for him. He's totally convinced himself he won't get into anywhere. The greedy girlfriend part of me wants him to just get into UCSB and be my roommate. Murphy's law says that as soon as I secure a roommate, this will happen. But the supportive, reasonable girlfriend part of me knows he belongs at Santa Cruz. There is a good chance he would end up miserable in this IV environment.
Speaking of IV, I am totally done with this place. Or at least where I am now. Marin and Owen want to live in IV because it's next to UC campus, and I think I can handle that.
Marin and I decided we are so different about our relationships compared to other college couples because we are 'already married.' It's true, we totally have the mindset of married couples. I like that. I like knowing I have this super solid chunk in my life that no matter what, I can always return to, actually married or not.

The past month I have been really active with my health. One day I was looking in the mirror and said "You need to go on a jog." And I actually did! I was bloated and PMSing like a mofo so I wasn't very body friendly but I kept it up ever since. I only did it twice the first week but for almost three weeks after I jogged every day and did some ab and glute work. Spring break made it hard to keep up, but I did a couple times. I decided it was my vacation so it was fine. I did it two or three times but still ate healthy. Seeing my friend Kendall work so hard as she begins her journey as a C class body builder/bikini competitor is super inspiring. She has been giving me tips and pushing me and I love that.
I lost about four pounds in two weeks! Sadly, because my lack of work over break I gained a couple back but am back on the horse now. I'm not in it for the weight loss, I really just want to take care of myself. It also makes me feel, really, really good. My attitude is much better these days and I just feel great.

I am trying to make more friends but it's not going so well. I'm not good at the whole social thing, that's where Jake comes into play. He's the one who can keep conversation up, I never know what to say. It's kinda hard to do that in IV anyway since most people who talk to you here have a motive. Ex: sex, alcohol, drugs, whatever. I say most for a reason. I have met a few people who are genuinely nice and just want to socialize.

Well, Jake bought me Rhythm Heaven when I was home so I'm going to go play it.
I wanted that game for so long and when I saw it was $5, I was like FUCK YES and then Jake took it and payed for it. He does that with almost everything. Sometimes I don't know what to do with that kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment