Friday, April 20, 2012

Denim Shirt DIY: SUPER EASY, BRO.

This is what I did instead of dying my hair magical colors, BTW.

So I bought this second hand from a girl maybe two years ago. Yeah, that sounds right. To be honest, no idea why I got it. I was never a fan of denim anything but jeans. For whatever reason, I got it though and now I'm very happy I did! Saw a tweet earlier about denim being super popular in Japan right now so when I got home I was like; "HEY. SEWING MACHINE. YOU'VE BEEN SITTING ON MY FLOOR STUBBING MY TOES FOR HELLA DAYS. TIME TO PUT YOU TO WORK."
So I did. And here's a mini tutorial on what I did. :)
GET INSPIRED, PEOPLE.

For starters; Sorry but phone cam pics it is!


So first, get an ugly/boring denim top. Yay...


--------------------------------------
Measure out the length of lace you want. I had less than I thought so I didn't go all the way up and down. But I like it that way anyways. :)

NOW PIN THAT SHIT.
No- NOT YOUR FINGERS.
OUCH. DAMN IT. 8 Bloody times?! Really?

---------------------------------

And if you're Stella, you get mad that your mama can't play right now and attack her stinky work shoe instead.
Probably smells like coffee and broken dreams...





-----------------------------------
Prep your sewing machine!
This can also be done by hand sewing, but I didn't feel like pinning myself THAT much.


-----------------------------------

Now I'm being Stella and got distracted. My attention span battles that of a goldfish.



------------------------------------
Start sewing! Yay!
I was a dumbass and put it practically on top of the buttons.
CRAP.
Luckily, I was able to just pushed them aside so they were not crushed by the foot or had to be removed. @A@;;
PHEW.


----------------------------------

Yay! But It still needed more...

So I added some to the collar. c:
But still, MOAR.


--------------------------------

Even though I wanted to keep this on the plain side so I can mix and match is more
(had to resist the VERY, VERRRRY strong urges to put BOWS)
it still felt like it needed something. So pearl beads! YAYAYAYAAYAYYAYYAYAYAY
(those were hand sewn on)


As you can see, I just rolled up the sleeves. I was going to cut them off, but decided not to because I want to be able to wear it as a extra layer and not just a spring/summer shirt.



AND SHAZAHM. You're done! That was easy, right?
Oh, you went over the top and sewed your shirt and didn't just upcycle?
GET OUT.

----------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment