Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Jean Paul Gaultier Exhibit

First off, sorry about the quality. I can't find my charget for my Nikon so iPhone photo's is what it is.
These are from the Gaultier Exhibit at the de Young in San Francisco; my favorite park in SF. It's in the same park as the Japanese Tea Gardens. Me, pretending that I'm going to be majoring in fashion LOVED THIS. I LOVED how unique and fearless he is! Granted, most of the outfits I was not crazy about, but I loved his ambitions and how he made what he saw fit and not what society wanted and such. And he has said a lot of amazing quotes. I'm going to put a bunch of them on my dream board/wall.
And that night I dressed up in a strapless, fitted white dress with tall zebra print heels, hot pink lace socks, a drop necklace (down the back) and a braclet - both gold and I made! - with a smal black sweater for warmth. :) Because my mom can be so critical about my outfits, the whole time I was getting ready all I could think about was how to explain to her everything I knew she would find wrong in the outfit. I eventually wasn't happy with myself anymore. Even though I dyed my hair pink.
But when we got there, boy, I hate to be self centered, but I got a few looks. I don't normally get any attention like that so I am going to be a bitch and brag about it. If you don't like it, then just skip reading this part. But the only other thing I wanted to say was there were people photographing the whole thing and a couple people took my photos and also this kid who didn't look old enough to be out of high school wouldn't leave me a long for a bit. I mean, I'm flattered he wanted to hit on me, but I'm happily taken and he couldn't take a hit. I knew I should have worn the ring I bought myself. It usually works. I feel really bad becasue I had to resort to pretty much ignoring him. Oh well, I hope he doesn't hate me too much.
I think my punishmet for that was my feet were killing me. I literally couldn't feel all of my toes for 2 days. They were numb like when you sleep on your arm wrong. But all is better now, thankfully. I've never worn heels for so long. But I loved every second of it!
I hope if the show is near you, you get a chance to see it. It really was quite awesome and inspiring.



 ^ Personal favorite :)
^LOVE this skirt~!

^Not really a sweater dress person, but this is just BEAUTIFUL

^Wanted to show Marin




^AHAHAH Love this~!

^So many great quotes

^My new inspiration~
^ What I wore :)
You can't really tell, but the bun on my head was in the shape of a bow. :))))
^The Necklace I made. I was SO proud of myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment